Over the years, the Northport High School Robotics Club (TEAM5099) has been blessed with extremely generous core of Mentors that are willing to sacrifice their time to be a part of something truly special for kids.
As a mentor of TEAM5099, you are, through the kids, the key ingredient in our success. The time, responsibility and expertise of a TEAM5099 Mentor will vary but the one constant is that they all bring something to our team that students need to learn, grow and succeed.
What is a TEAM5099 Mentor?
- Can be a person of any age, teaching others what they know;
- Brings either technical or non-technical expertise to the team;
- Provides the opportunity for students to learn directly through experiences;
- Begins as a teacher, evolves into a colleague;
- Knows that mentoring is about inspiring and guiding;
- Provides students the environment to succeed;
- Is patient, supportive, enthusiastic, compassionate and available;
- Remembers what’s important – it’s about the kids and they come first.
If you have any questions or comments, please do not hesitate to contact us. Thank you and have a great day.
The team meets Monday through Thursday, 6pm – 10pm and Saturday’s 9am – 3 pm. Mentors can attend whenever convenient.